Cookies on the Van Windows Ireland website
Cookies are small files that are created and saved on your phone, tablet or computer when you visit a website. They store information about how you use the website, such as the pages you visit and how you interact with content.
Cookies are not viruses or computer programs. They are very small so do not take up much space.
- make our website work, for example by keeping it secure – these are called “strictly necessary cookies”
- monitor how the website performs for users, for example the number of visits each webpage gets and for how long – these are called “analytical cookies”
- remember the choices you’ve made and collect information about how you use our website.- these are called “functional cookies”
- allow YouTube videos to play for users. These cookies are used to enable embedded YouTube video to be played on our website. They can also collect anonymous data about your web browser to display targeted advertising to you across the Web – these are called “YouTube cookies”
Types of information our cookies collect
We receive the following types of information about you through the cookies we use:
- cookie browser data – cookie identifiers, time and date, pages viewed, which cookies you have consented to
- device data – device type, screen resolution, operating system version, browser information (version and basic settings)
- log data – when and how long you used this website for, what you searched for
- location data – the country and county you were in when you used the website
- analytical data – data about your usage of this website
- IP addresses – in server log files for website security purposes
We anonymise and aggregate the data that we collect. If you give us permission to collect more information, we do this in line with your consent. There are a small number of situations where we collect the information in our legitimate interests.
Consent and cookies
We automatically set cookies that are strictly necessary. We do not need your consent to use them. You cannot change these or opt-out. We also automatically set analytical cookies. We do not need your consent for these but you can opt-out.
Your consent will last for 6 months from the date that you last provide it to us. After 6 months, we will automatically ask you to give us a new consent, the next time you use our website on the same device.
How you can control your cookie settings
Some cookies, like those used to collect information about how you use our website, are not essential. We’ll only use them if you say it’s OK through your cookies settings.
No matter what cookie settings you choose, you should be able to visit all pages on our website without losing any functionality. But some additional features may not be available to you. For example, if you have not accepted our YouTube cookies then videos will not play. In this case, you could enable the required cookies for a short time so you can play the video and then disable the cookies again when you’re finished.
Access to your cookies data
Only Van Windows Ireland staff, and suppliers who are directly involved with the management of www.vanwindowsireland.ie will have access to cookies data collected by this website.
All Van Windows Ireland staff, and suppliers which may have access to personal data shall be bound to the Van Windows Ireland via confidentiality agreements and are obliged to keep your personal data secure, and to use it only for the purposes specified by the Van Windows Ireland.
Our suppliers can be categorised as follows:
- Advertising, PR, digital and creative agencies
- Market and customer research providers
- Social media platforms
- Website and app developers
- Website hosting services providers
The majority of suppliers we use are processors with whom we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions. We only disclose to them or allow them to access information that is necessary for them to provide their services.
In relation to the cookies used on this Website, we use the following key suppliers:
- Google Analytics – performance monitor, audience summary, active users, user explorer, analytics audience, comparison reports, user flow report;
Information generated by a cookie about the use of this Website (but not including your IP address) may be transmitted and stored on Google’s servers in the United States.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
For detailed information about the modules listed above and Google’s handling of personal information, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners and www.google.com/intl/en/privacy/privacy-policy.html
Social Media Channels
If you are logged into your social media account when you access the Van Windows Ireland website then the social media account provider may be able to associate your account with the pages on the Van Windows Ireland website that you visit. They do not do this on behalf of the Van Windows Ireland but for their own purposes, please make yourself aware of the privacy policies of the social media providers that are present on our website.
You can find out more about the policies of these social media channels here:
|Social Media Channel||Policy||Opt-out|
Will my personal data be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
The Van Windows Ireland uses Google Analytics to collect information about your use of this website. Google does transfer data to the United States of America (USA). However, the Van Windows Ireland has anonymised IP addresses for this website which means that no individual can be identified by their IP address.
The Van Windows Ireland does not transfer any other personal data about you outside the EEA. If the Van Windows Ireland decides to transfer your personal data outside the EEA they shall ensure the provisions of Chapter V of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are complied with.
Your data protection rights
Your ePrivacy rights state that you have the right to withdraw your consent to cookies.
Data Protection Rights
Your data protection rights include the right to access, right to object, right to object to automated processing and the right to review your data.
Data Protection Commission
LoCall: 1890 252 231
Phone: 0761 104 8000
Phone: 057 868 4800
Canal House, Station Road,
R32 AP23, Co Laois.